With winds reported to be 15 to 30 out of the WSW, the Admiral suggested we take a little sightseeing cruise up Alligator Creek this afternoon. Before doing so I poked Buddy's bow out into Charlotte Harbor at the entrance channel. The chop didn't appear to be much from the helm...
We turned around and headed back up the Creek. When we got to the entrance to our channel by Riviera Marina (another land of broken dreams), we stayed to the right and headed up the creek. About 20 minutes later we discovered two HSV 246s moored at Windmill Village marina. One appeared to be a fairly new, well-equipped model that was named "Wind Drift". I couldn't see a name on the other. It was tight getting into the harbor through narrow canals, but I managed to do so without hitting anything... We took a couple photos and headed back out.
Our plan was to meet up with friends for a few days of cruising, but another nasty cold front is passing through. Perhaps we will be able to rendezvous at Cayo Costa on Tuesday...
No comments:
Post a Comment