Last evening Cath and I ran up to Egg Harbor to check out the new marina. We left the dock at 1600 hours and got there at 1730. It was raining but all I did to compensate was turn on the windshield wiper... Even though there were boats in the harbor, there was no one around the not yet completed marina. We were going to go out for dinner but it was pouring so we stayed on the boat. Didn't matter as we had the heat on. This morning we got up, I made coffee and then we walked uptown to the Village Cafe for breakfast. Took our time leaving but the dockmaster never showed up, so... home we came. It was blowing out of the NNW at 15 and there was a good sea coming into the Harbor. We pounded a bit going into the short chop as we headed out and were glad we were headed south. We surfed home in 1.5 hours running at 3,800. For a crappy boating day is was great!!
Search This Blog
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Panic Buttons and Egg Harbor
Last evening Cath and I ran up to Egg Harbor to check out the new marina. We left the dock at 1600 hours and got there at 1730. It was raining but all I did to compensate was turn on the windshield wiper... Even though there were boats in the harbor, there was no one around the not yet completed marina. We were going to go out for dinner but it was pouring so we stayed on the boat. Didn't matter as we had the heat on. This morning we got up, I made coffee and then we walked uptown to the Village Cafe for breakfast. Took our time leaving but the dockmaster never showed up, so... home we came. It was blowing out of the NNW at 15 and there was a good sea coming into the Harbor. We pounded a bit going into the short chop as we headed out and were glad we were headed south. We surfed home in 1.5 hours running at 3,800. For a crappy boating day is was great!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Great blog - looks like you're having fun. Thanks for the panic button post. We just took ownership of an 07 and didn't know what that button was for.
ReplyDelete